Saturday, December 6, 2014

My Obsession: Scented Candles and Wax Melts

I love scented candles and wax melts, like really love them. Much to my husbands frustration I tend to buy them in large quantities whenever I find them on sale. Living on a remote tropical island makes finding them locally a challenge so thank goodness for the internet. Today I'm going to share with you some scents to bring a tropical atmosphere to your home, and then later in the blog I'll share the scents I'm currently obsessing over.

Leeward Lagoon 
 This is described as a serene and tropical mixture of water lily, flowering tonka and pink grapefruit with a splash of coconut water, to me it is bright light and watery and makes me think of the beach early on a warm morning. 

 
This one is described as an intricate blend of the blooming white florals of jasmine and orange blossom mixed with rich espresso beans. It was warm, comforting and reminds me of drinking my coffee on my balcony when the plumaria tree is in bloom. 


 
This one is full of soft island fruits, papya, guava, banana with an undercurrent of pineapple, coconut, and a hint of cinnamon. Its a warm and heady scent. 

 
This one is like a bowl of tropical fruit salad, full of pineapple, kiwi, dragon fruit, and mango. 

 
This one is truly tropical mix of green island palm and coconut milk. Think Pina Colada at your favorite beach bar. 

This one is mix of bright citrus, spicy vanilla, and tropical florals. It makes me think of a walk down the beach at sunset. 





That brings us to the conclusion of our tropical scents today, now on to my current obsessions. The first four are from an amazing little shop based in Minneapolis Minnesota called Frostbeard Studio. Their scents come in both wax tart and candle forms.

A mixture of lavender, basil, thyme, and herbs. It was inspired by the Outlander series and makes me think of a sun drenched herb garden, fresh, green, spicy and calming. 

 
This one is described as the scent of a bookstore with timber, driftwood, coffee and leather. It is right on the money. It is fresh, clean, both cool and warm at the same time with a hint of coffee in the air and reminiscent of getting lost among the shelves and discovering new favorites. 

 
This one is a mix of sweet pipe tobacco, cherry wood, and fresh rain. It was warm, heady, enveloping, with a hint of intrigue. Like the man himself this leaves you dazed and wanting more. 

 
This one is oakmoss, amber, sandalwood, a hint of tobacco and leather. It is fresh, cool, full of knowledge. Like browsing rows in an underused section on a cool afternoon, it is truly the scent of a large library. 




This last scent I'm obsessing over is by Colonial Candle. I received a scent sample of it months before it was released and knew I had to have it. It was well worth the wait. 


 
This is described as a mixture of tobacco leaf, amber, white patchouli, carnation, and honey. It is deep, dark, sweet  and intoxicating. It makes me think of dark raw honey and a warm fire. 


Well that's it for this post. You can be sure that many people on my gift list this year will be receiving some of these. Hope you enjoyed, until next time. Aloha from Maui. 















No comments:

Post a Comment